Did You Marry the Wrong Person?
During an unhappy stretch in a marriage or life partnership, you may wonder if you chose the wrong person.
You Probably Chose the Wrong Person If:
- Your mate is vicious
- His or her morals require that you ignore your own
- He or she cannot find the strength to fight or seek treatment for long-lasting or life-threatening depression, mania, addiction, hallucinations, or other physical or mental diseases that negatively affect you
- You are with someone who treats you in ways others would protect you from if they knew
You Very Likely Chose Someone You Can Have a Happy Life With If:
- He or she supports your dreams but will not join you in the hard work of achieving them
- Your mate is generous and loyal instead of optimistic and able to set a goal and reach it
- He or she says all the wrong things but takes good care of you by being helpful and giving of his or her time
- You found someone highly creative and always happy but useless as a team member and unable to read other people well
- Your mate won't ask for a raise but will cheer you up when you're down and help you see the beautiful side of life when you lose track of it
If you're feeling helpless right now in the second group, the trick is to focus yourself on noticing the good stuff and ask yourself how you would get the missing stuff if you were alone and on your own. Let go of your expectations that are not working for you. Instead, Expect Love. There is usually plenty of it in these marriages, and the unmet expectations block it out.